Looking for a Leominster, MA plumber

I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
groupquestons

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and compression fittings.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Do not use polyethylene tubing. It gets brittle over time, and will certainly fail in a matter of years and flood your house.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

I've had the same tubing that came with my fridge when I bought it 8 years ago and it shows no sign of getting brittle. Maybe it's not poly? Don't know I just used what was provided.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Thanks for the suggestion but this type of plumbing work isn't my thing. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not. This isn't a job I'm comfortable taking on (that is to say "what's a vampire tap valve and compression fittings?"). Also, I just moved into the house and have a lot of other things to do. Sadly, I wouldn't have the time to educate myself slowly and make sure it got done right. If anyone knows of a good plumber in the area that would be best for this situation.

Reply to
groupquestons

I don't know about poly, but I installed my own line with copper tubing. My only other plumbing experience has been changing faucet washers and unclogging drains :o)

Be sure, whatever tubing you use, to leave a coil behind the fridge so you have plenty extra to pull the fridge out for cleaning.

Reply to
Norminn

Pretty small job for a plumber, you may have a hard time getting one to come out. OTOH, a good handyman can do a simple job like that. Look in the local shoppers paper that every town usually has. Or, if you are a good looking babe, just ask the old guy next door and he'll be glad to do it for you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We use Mr. Rooter, out of Gardner. They're reliable.

HTH,

Donna

Reply to
Donna

Just ask everyone you meet in your regular daily activities. Installing a water hookup is relatively easy thing to do. There's got to be someone out there who has done a couple of them.

I don't trust Sears for anything, sorry.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sure if you want "big box store" class job that will be guaranteed trouble.

Reply to
George