Looking for a Leominster, MA plumber

I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:45:23 -0700, groupquestons wrote:

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and compression fittings.
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
Meat Plow writes:

Do not use polyethylene tubing. It gets brittle over time, and will certainly fail in a matter of years and flood your house.

I've had the same tubing that came with my fridge when I bought it 8 years ago and it shows no sign of getting brittle. Maybe it's not poly? Don't know I just used what was provided.
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
Thanks for the suggestion but this type of plumbing work isn't my thing. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not. This isn't a job I'm comfortable taking on (that is to say "what's a vampire tap valve and compression fittings?"). Also, I just moved into the house and have a lot of other things to do. Sadly, I wouldn't have the time to educate myself slowly and make sure it got done right. If anyone knows of a good plumber in the area that would be best for this situation.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

I don't know about poly, but I installed my own line with copper tubing. My only other plumbing experience has been changing faucet washers and unclogging drains :o)
Be sure, whatever tubing you use, to leave a coil behind the fridge so you have plenty extra to pull the fridge out for cleaning.
Meat Plow wrote:

Pretty small job for a plumber, you may have a hard time getting one to come out. OTOH, a good handyman can do a simple job like that. Look in the local shoppers paper that every town usually has. Or, if you are a good looking babe, just ask the old guy next door and he'll be glad to do it for you.

We use Mr. Rooter, out of Gardner. They're reliable.
http://www.mrrooter.com /
HTH,
Donna

Just ask everyone you meet in your regular daily activities. Installing a water hookup is relatively easy thing to do. There's got to be someone out there who has done a couple of them.
I don't trust Sears for anything, sorry.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.