Loft access ladders

Anyone know where in the US (PNW - Oregon) I can get a loft ladder?
I have two sleeping lofts, 7'6" high. I need to provide access via a ladder of some sort.
I've thought about getting a wooden stepladder and cutting off the back, but 10' wooden stepladders are hard to find, plus they're not really attractive as furniture.
Ideally, I am looking for an old-fashioned wooden straight ladder or something similar, about 10' in length.
Thanks,
--Yan
CptDondo wrote:

No real source in PNW, but look also for "library ladder".

Why don't you just make one if you can? It's not tough making a stepladder and you can gussy it up all you want.
Eigenvector wrote:

Well, I don't have access to a woodshop.... It would be hard to make one that looks decent with just hand tools.
That would be my first choice, though. I've done it before - a few hardwood dowels, and some nice clear wood for the uprights...
But with the prices that I've seen for decent ladders, that may well become an option.
--Yan

IIRC the price of ladders includes 10 percent, or 30 percent or somerthing for liability insurance. So be sure to consider the cost of suing yourself.

mm wrote:

Heh! I was self-employed for about 10 years. Towards the end, my liability insurance was about 15% of my gross income....
Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish? A: One's a bottom living scum sucker and the other one is a fish.
--Yan

What about a metal spiral stair case? Personally I would prefer one over a 10' ladder, at my age.
These are kit.
http://www.theironshop.com/metal_01.htm
Good Luck.
-- Oren
CptDondo wrote:

Can't help you with the ladder, but it would be criminal to not include a poll to slide down.
CptDondo wrote:

Swimming pool supply.
try this link http://www.ladderstore.com /