Loft access ladders

Anyone know where in the US (PNW - Oregon) I can get a loft ladder?

I have two sleeping lofts, 7'6" high. I need to provide access via a ladder of some sort.

I've thought about getting a wooden stepladder and cutting off the back, but 10' wooden stepladders are hard to find, plus they're not really attractive as furniture.

Ideally, I am looking for an old-fashioned wooden straight ladder or something similar, about 10' in length.

Thanks,

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo

No real source in PNW, but look also for "library ladder".

Reply to
dpb

Why don't you just make one if you can? It's not tough making a stepladder and you can gussy it up all you want.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Well, I don't have access to a woodshop.... It would be hard to make one that looks decent with just hand tools.

That would be my first choice, though. I've done it before - a few hardwood dowels, and some nice clear wood for the uprights...

But with the prices that I've seen for decent ladders, that may well become an option.

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo

IIRC the price of ladders includes 10 percent, or 30 percent or somerthing for liability insurance. So be sure to consider the cost of suing yourself.

Reply to
mm

Heh! I was self-employed for about 10 years. Towards the end, my liability insurance was about 15% of my gross income....

Q: What's the difference between a lawyer and a catfish? A: One's a bottom living scum sucker and the other one is a fish.

--Yan

Reply to
CptDondo

What about a metal spiral stair case? Personally I would prefer one over a 10' ladder, at my age.

These are kit.

Good Luck.

-- Oren

Oren

Can't help you with the ladder, but it would be criminal to not include a poll to slide down.

Reply to
HeyBub

Swimming pool supply.

Reply to