Locking cork over laminate

I have a small kitchen area that has laminated flooring. It was installed correctly, underpavment, foam and locking strips. The floor is sturdy to say the least. I am considering covering it up with locking cork flooring. Not sure if cork flooring is good for a kitchen area. Anyhow, can I just lay the cork flooring over the existing laminated floor, without putting another underpavement and foam? I think underpavement is the right word?
Noel wrote:

Sure.
Or, you might be able to take up the laminate if it's the kind that just locks together and not glued.