I *like* it!
--
Keith

wrote in

where does one buy those?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Just walk into the bank with a handgun and yell "put all your money in this big, dark bag that I can't see what you're putting into the bag, and I'll turn and look the other way now, tell me when it's done".
They will give you one for free.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

You don't need the dye, use a stick of 60% and you can read in the newspaper who it was ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)

Put a key in a baggie and bury it in the yard.

In the bottom of an old rusty bucket full of horse manure.

Mark Lloyd
On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:04:40 -0600, Mark Lloyd

That's the first place they look. <G>
That's how I get lockout business. I take the key out of the rusty bucket of horse manure, and replace it with my business card "Lockout service of...."
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:54:12 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@tantivy.tantivy.net (Bob Vaughan) wrote:

How about labeling the key you use with a nonexistent address in another state?
One thing I heard a few years ago was to put a note on your door. One that appears to be written to a family member warning of the poisonous south American snakes loose inside (the real family members know you don't have any snakes).

Mark Lloyd

Get REAL.
Sheesh,more idiotic UseNet "advice".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It's not idiotic. The problem is that you thought it was supposed to be serious.
BTW, Where I heard it was in this group, a few years ago (although I added the South American part).

Mark Lloyd

Yes,it is. such venomous snakes generally require permits to keep,standards for their housing and care,they have the potential for escape and harming others. They also will not discriminate between a burglar and you,your family,or someone's curious kid.
Nor will any real thieves pay attention to your little "note".

This is not alt.jokes.idiotic

Oh,hearing it HERE makes it "sensible"? Sheesh.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
snipped-for-privacy@tantivy.tantivy.net (Bob Vaughan) wrote:

If you want to be really evil, have the key actually operate the lock on a fake door. A surprise is behind the fake door.... ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)

Maybe one of those highly-poisonous South American snakes.

Mark Lloyd

Yes. That's one advantage of deadbolts. You can't lock yourself out that easily.

Mark Lloyd

The best place for the backup key may be with a trusted neighbor rather than hidden somewhere outside the house.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - snipped-for-privacy@charm.net

aem sends...
I've been a locksmith for 21 years. I'm sure not gonna tell you and the rest of the world how to break into houses.
How dare you ask such an absurd thing!
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.