Locked out scenario

The more unusual, the more secure. This is one of those situations where the LEAST popular place is better.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Put a key in a baggie and bury it in the yard.

Reply to
GWB

THATS GREAT!

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

If they're willing to shoot the dog, they're willing to break a window.

And that all assumes that whoever's robbing your house reads the newsgroup where you're bragging how you secure it.

Reply to
Goedjn

Although the fake rock is an excellent place to hide an exploding dye pack...

Reply to
Goedjn

I *like* it!

Reply to
krw

I think it was " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" who stated:

Deadbolt.

Problem solved.

-Don (CAN'T lock hisself outta his house anymore!)

Reply to
Don Fearn

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

where does one buy those?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Goedjn wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Shooting guns in residential areas draws a lot of attention. Also,one shot does not always put down a dog on the spot.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Well, they wouldn't have... until now...

Reply to
Doug Miller

You don't need the dye, use a stick of 60% and you can read in the newspaper who it was ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

In the bottom of an old rusty bucket full of horse manure.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

That's the first place they look.

Reply to
GWB

Just walk into the bank with a handgun and yell "put all your money in this big, dark bag that I can't see what you're putting into the bag, and I'll turn and look the other way now, tell me when it's done".

They will give you one for free.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's how I get lockout business. I take the key out of the rusty bucket of horse manure, and replace it with my business card "Lockout service of...."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

people nationwide looking for abandoned pipes trying to unscrew caps.

one may gas them or shoot them with compressed gasses or water:)

clue hide your house key at the neighbors, they can do the same.

anyone finding the key wouldnt be able to get in:)

Reply to
hallerb

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:fP5ah.25290$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

I hope the cap does not rust on the stub. ;-)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

If you want to be evil, hide a bunch of keys in lots of obvious and non-obvious places.. Only you know which key actually works in your locks.. The rest are similar (same brand, same keyway), and fit into, but will not operate the locks. If you have had your locks rekeyed, use the old keys, or ask your local locksmith for some mis-cut keys..

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

If one has a pipe wrench, it's just as easy to use it on the doorknob :/

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

How about labeling the key you use with a nonexistent address in another state?

One thing I heard a few years ago was to put a note on your door. One that appears to be written to a family member warning of the poisonous south American snakes loose inside (the real family members know you don't have any snakes).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd