Lock-Top dampers

Hi All, I'm considering putting in a Lock-Top top closing damper to address fireplace draft issues

Mail order prices seem to run about $189 for the 13x13 size I need. Local installers want about $325 for the damper plus installation with a lifetime warranty. The concept and the installation look to be fairly straightforward, the only new task for me being drilling into the fire brick for the bracket that holds the cable.

I would like to hear from folks who have installed these. Do they work well? Is the installation as straightforward as it looks, etc.?

Thanks for any input, Howard

Reply to
HDH