local TV what antenna?

Nope, never cared about sports.

In recent years the few good PBS programs have been overshadowed by a good deal of crap, and much of what used to be good on PBS has been taken over by commercial networks (chiefly Discovery Networks) that do a better job with them anyway.

There is little locally of relevance to me.

Not free when you consider the cost of an adapter or new TV.

Yep, broadcast TV as it used to be known is dead and just hasn't been buried yet. The same is true for newspapers and mainstream magazines.

Reply to
Pete C.

The thread reminds me that I need to check a PC TV tuner.

He liked French ladies as an Ambassador :)

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren

UHF TV channels above 51 are being phased out to accommodate cell phone and other uses. As far as I know, all the current VHF frequencies will remain available for DTV, and current analog VHF stations will be allowed to switch their digital signal to their VHF allocation when analog TV dies in 2009.

Reply to
Neill Massello

One of the stations here (NBC) broadcasts analog on 56, but the digital version is on 22.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Oh, really? If he installs a VHF antenna for NTSC, which is apparently what he want to watch right now, it's gonna work with digital ATSC, most of which is UHF? Afraid not! Plus in some parts of the country, the transmitters for the 2 can be in different locations. I don't think he wants to mount a VHF antenna, only to find out in a year and a half that he needs UHF and the place he mounted the mast is blocked from the direction of the ATSC transmitter?

That's why I suggested antennaweb.org, so he can get it right.

Reply to
trader4

The difference between VHF and UHF is NOT the difference between analog and digital I was discussing. There is still no such thing as a "digital antenna".

Never heard of aiming?

Many antennas have both VHF and UHF. Anyway, nothing to do with the difference between analog and digital.

Good idea. Still there's no difference in antennas for analog of digital.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd