Little House on Prarie now illegal

"Rachel Merrill, mother of three, was holding innocuous-seeming contraband in her hand at an Arlington Goodwill store earlier this month: a 1971 edition of "Little House on the Prairie." This copy of the children's classic had just become illegal to resell because of concerns that some old books contain lead in their ink. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/23/AR2009032301764.html?hpid=smartliving
It's for the children.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/23/AR2009032301764.html?hpid=smartliving
I bought that book for my young daughter. She, during the years, has read it many times. Her daughter has also read it many times and soon, her son or daughter will probably read it many times also.
Please don't give this or any other book or toy to used sellers, or charities. As I understand it, all used toys and books have to be tested for lead. Just give them to other families, skip the used stores.
If I'm mistaykin, please kirrekt me.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Alas the 21st century justifucation for book burning!
Dick
"Dick Adams" wrote:

Do it for the children!
Jon
Pat wrote:

Right. It's the EATING of the lead, not the PRESENCE of the lead that's the problem. If the regulators dealt directly with the symptom, libraries could fashion some icky-tasting coating that would have to be cheaper than the destructive, $700 test for lead content.