"Little Giant" Ladders ?

Hello:

Would appreciate any opinions on the "Little Giant" ladders.

Guess they are available in a few different capacity/size ratings; all seem to be in the $ 300 - $ 400 range.

Pretty expensive, but looks like something to consider for a new homeowner's gift.

Was wondering:

-Worth the money ?

-Well built ?

-Safe ?

-Better than separate ladders ? e.g., a tall extension type for outside work, and perhaps a good step ladder instead ?

-how about near electrical wires; should one only consider fiberglass type ladders, or is AL still considered safe if one is careful ?

-etc.

Any other thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

My wife has been carrying one around in her truck for close to a decade and it was used when she got it. Her and all the trades she lends it to have not been able to break it. These are tough, stable ladders. Wing industries are very good about parts. When one of the plastic lock buttons broke, from egregious abuse, they sent us one for free.

Reply to
Greg

No, but that is a separate question

Reply to
Greg

Don't know about the Little Giant, but I bought one of those Werner 3 hinged jointed multi-position ladders from Lowes a couple of years ago. It was heavy to begin with, but it seems to be getting heavier the older I get. I have a 20' aluminum slider, a 5' folder, and a couple of 3 or 4 steppers that I will grab before that Werner.

Reply to
willshak

be in the $ 300 - $ 400 range. Pretty expensive, but looks like something to consider for a new homeowner's gift.

-Worth the money ? Yes, they are very nice.

-Well built ?

Overbuilt

Safest step ladder I have ever used

I prefer my long extention ladders, the LG is top heavy and I have ladder levelers on my long ladders.

AL is never considered safe around electical wires.

Saw a program about Air Force One. In the Cargo hold was a LG ladder taller model than standard. I assume used for engine maintenance, etc. They probably spent a million dollars to find the best ladder for the job, so thats good enough for me.

Reply to
ROBMURR

I have two of them. One bought in 1985 4' goes to like something 17' type II. second one purchased last year as I needed a taller one type 1A

5' goes like 22'extended. Best ladder I ever owned sturdy and very stable.

Robert11 wrote:

Reply to
Fred

If I had seen one in a store years ago, I might have bought one, but now that they've apprared on "infomercials", they've become just so much more "As seen on TV" garbage.

Doug Warner

I love mine and it is sooooo useful - but it is a Type 1, so guys over 200 lbs are leery of using it. Had it for 8 years now and use it at least every

2 weeks especially now that my place has 20 ft ceilings.
Reply to
ClaudCar

I was watching the info mercial on the little giant last night, and it looks identical to the "gorilla" ladder I bought from Home Despot about six months ago. I have used it constantly and it's a huge improvement over other ladders I've bought. I laughed at the $360 pricetag on TV, mine was under $200 and I can't tell the difference. Does anyone know if these are made by the same company? I know Home Depot resells mercandice under different names in their stores sometimes. Even at $300, it's worth the price, IMHO.

-David

Reply to
David

The Gorilla ladder is a knock off it is not made by LG...

Reply to
ROBMURR

Got one. Nice but heavy.

Reply to
Art

have a little giant as well. They are built heavier than any of the knockoffs I have seen. You probably don't need something heavier 90% of the time, however, you do appreciate it when it's extended 20 + feet and your making your way up to the roof. A lot less bounce.

Reply to
Mzone719