lithium-ion drill/driver

Page 2 of 2

Be careful with the BORG kits...see if you can download the manual before you buy. Find out what you get and how the plans say to construct it. What you see set up in the parking lot may not be what you get in the kit.
Last summer I bought one of these for 1/2 price at HD. I stumbled upon a hand written sign by the front door:
"Open-box shed kits. See manager."
Paid $250 instead of $499.
I know 8 x 8 is much smaller than you need, but the same cautions remain.
Here's how they keep the price down, at least with the Handy Home products. YMMV
- No floor. They supply enough PT for 16" OC joists, but no actual flooring material. - No roofing material other than the sheathing. You have to buy your own felt, drip edge, shingles, nails, etc.. - 2 x 3 studs, rafters, etc. Studs spaced at 24" OC - They don't supply enough wood for full-framed walls. For example, they do not supply sill plates for any of the walls. The back wall is "studded" with just a cross, like a big plus-sign. The side walls have a top plate but no sill.
The theory is that once you get the sheathing on, it'll hold itself together.
Even after buying the extra wood to build it properly, along with the floor and roofing (open package materials, 4 bundles for $10 ea) I still spent way less then the $499 regular price, so I didn't really mind.
You can see the manual for my shed here. Check out the construction methods to see what I mean. Mine is built *much* better than how they suggest.