Liquid Vinyl siding anyone in the Know?

Been looking around for siding options,
I have been taking a good look a the liquid vinyl siding.
I the tax deduction. I like how it looks. I like how it cocoons the house with the caulking. I like how it is a radiant barrier.
I have not seen a lot of it here in Houston but havent gone out and looked for it. I have some vinyl siding on the house thats 4 years old and this liquid vinyl siding can over over that for added protection. I like that you have 1000's of color schemes From what I am reading the technology has been around since the 60's but they are now perfecting it. From the pictures I have seen it looks great. But those are pictures. .I dont know anyone that has had it done The ony thing that worries me is that they are sealing OLD wood.
The wood may still be in good shape.... but it is still old wood and the cost of replacing ALL of the wood to make it ALL new wood would not be cost effective as doing minor repairs then installing the old typical vinyl siding.
Any feed back would be greatly apprecaited
Regards
Marty
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 28, 2:34 pm, mary snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Its overpriced thick paint, I would not use it
Add pictures here
✖
mary snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Being in the general contracting business, I get asked about this all the time. I have done some research and found that people that sell it love it, but people that buy it feel cheated. Here are some things to consider:
The companies that install it have not been around very long, so it is difficult (I have found it impossible) to find a job that was done over 4-5 years ago. The ones that I looked at looked OK, but I would have to see some that are much older than that to justify their incredibly high prices.
http://www.askthebuilder.com/411_Miracle_Liquid_Siding_Products.shtml
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
mary snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I saw some put on cedar shingles 30 years ago. It started peeling in 8 years and looked like crap. You're better off covering your siding with Corning fanfold , caulk the seems, and regular vinyl siding from Home depot. About $3000 if you do it yourself. Add 10K for labor if you have it done. (Hint: you hang siding you don't nail it down) It hangs from the nails.
I did a two level 2 unit duplex 2500 sq ft. building a few years ago. Came out unbelievable compared to before. Ask me about before and after photos. Took me 3 months but only cost $4000.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

Add pictures here
✖

Don't be a sucker.
Vinyl paint (that is, paint based on polyvinyl acetate polymer, PVA) is cheap ordinary paint such as you would buy at any retail store. Adding fumed silica (very fine sand) makes it thicker, more thick than paint is usually formulated. There is no value to such thickening other than to bamboozle the customer.
Basically you are being offered what is (at best) an ordinary paint job for perhaps twice the going price, with the appearance that you're getting something better than paint. It's a despicable sham.
Add pictures here
✖