liquid nails removal from granite countertop

My A$$HOLE !@!@#$%^&*() contractor attached the dishwasher to the underside of our granite countertop with liquid nails. The only way I see of now removing said dishwasher for repair or replacement is sawing off the metal tabs that are holding it in place or applying some kind of solvent to the countertop.

Has anyone ever used "liquid nails remover"? is this going to damage the countertop?

I am refraining from ripping him a new one until he fixes said problem to my satisfaction but it is not easy.

must control fist of death!

Lenora

Reply to
hamle06

You could just use your *fist of death* to eradicate the adhesive. Or use your gauntlets of ogre power to lift the entire countertop along with the dishwasher for repair. I personally just cast a *heal salver-launderer* spell when it acts up.

Reply to
RayV

Acetone may work as well. It will also remove oil type stains from granite. Soak a paper towel then tape cellophane over the damp towel and let it set for a while.

Reply to
ephedralover

What do you suggest as an alternative? What is the accepted method of securing a DW to a granite top? I'd be afraid of drilling it or adding any anchors.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in

Added a strip of hardwood between the cabinet sides, attached at each side to the cabinet with an angle bracket. Then screw the D/W to the hardwood.

Reply to
GoHabsGo

I'd be very cautious of using acetone. It's extemely volitile and flammable.

Since the adhesive is between the metal tabs and countertop, it's going to be difficult for any solvent to soak into the bond line and dissolve the glue. You'll need something that is low in volitility and won't run all over the place. Try spraying the bonded clips with a penetrating oil like WD-40 and keep it wet for a few days to see if this works. You might find that it softens the adhesive enough that you can pry it apart with a putty knife. Once you get the clips off, you should be able to remove the residue with mineral spirits (also flammable) and elbow grease.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Why go with a solvent? How about a utility knife? Could have been done in the time it took you to boot up your computer. git-er-done.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No

Reply to
Phil Munro

Reply to
Tvfarmer

Reply to
wayne

Sounds like a job for the Fein Multimaster . Seriously. The flexible scraper blade or the E-cut universal blade should be able to cut nicely between the bracket and the countertop.

If you're on a budget that won't handle a Multimaster, you could dry doing the same with a jeweler's saw .

Reply to
J. Clarke