Liquid falling in Over the Stove microwave (2023 Update)

Hi, I have a Maytag over the stove microwave. it works great but few weeks back, i saw sticky liquid falling from right side back corner of this mircowave. i cleaned it but saw this sticky liquid again 2 weeks later. Has anyone faced this problem? could this be becuase of Vent that is going to the outside, could this be due to exhaust filter not being clean?

Ashish

Reply to
Ashish

Highly likely that it would be grease from the filter. If nothing else, it makes a mess, and is a potential fire hazard. The filters usually slip out (mine lift slightly, then push to the back, and drop out). Put them in the sink and wash with dishwasher detergent and hot water, or (not in the interest of domestic tranquility with the Chief Domestic Engineer), just run then through the dish washer. A couple of times a year should suffice, depending on how much cooking you have been doing. Some microwaves have a replacable charcoal filter. You can usually get those from where you purchased the microwave.

Reply to
professorpaul

Yes

Reply to
LouB

IT also can be rodent or birds in your fan and HVAC system. That is what happened to me. They love grease!

Reply to
greasemess