Liquid EPDM on mobile home roof.

I've tried the various roof coating on the sheet metal roof of my my '75 double wide and just haven't really found anything that really covers/seals well.. The Latex stuff is crap when it comes to ponding water and once you have it on, no other material will bond over it..

I want to pressure strip all the old crap off and start from the bare metal. The metal is still solid but there are a few known and (many unknown )places that the water manages to get in. The roof has very little pitch and the metal is continious flat sheets, factory joined to form a continious sheet from one end to the other.. I think some of the factory joints are leaking..

I hear about EPDM in liquid form and have been reading the info and it sounds good.. But will cost about $1600 for the material to cover the whole roof..

I have had several roofing companies give me estimates of $3500 to put a new roof on.. They want to put 1/2" OSB over the metal and then cover that with torch down tar/paper. I absolutely don't want that combination on such a nearly flat roof.

The bottom line here is, the house isn't worth more than $5000 with the a good roof. I only live in it about half the year.

I guess my question is, has anyone had any experience with the liquid EPDM rubber roofing material??

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Have you ever thought of using something like this?

Ron