Liquid Electrical Tape?

Found a reference in another group about Liquid Electrical Tape.
New to me ...but one brand is Permatex.
•Weatherproof protectant for wiring and electrical connections
•Goes on as a liquid and dries to a flexible vinyl polymer
•Resists dirt, dust, chemicals, and moisture, ensuring that connections stay intact
•Brush top applicator allows coverage without gaps
•Suggested Applications: Ignition Wires, Underground Wiring, Outdoor Lighting Fixtures, Bilge Pumps, Terminal Blocks, Exposed Wires
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)> FYI / YMMV
Oren wrote:

Really good shit Maynard . I've seen it used in control pods on motorcycle handlebars . Makes a weathertight insulation , and a lot less hassle than using heatshrink tubing .
--
Snag

On 3/12/2014 10:41 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I've never used this, or been around when it was used. Probably costs more than electrical tape on a roll, but worth it in some situations.
When I was a kid, they sold "tape solder" which was flat pieces of resin core. Wrap the wire, and heat with a match. That was kewl.
--
.
Christopher A. Young