Liquid Electrical Tape

Has anyone tried this stuff?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber6821
I have 2 breaks in the wire for my hidden fence system (for the dogs) and I really prefer soldered splices. One of them gets buried, the other is in the weather. I will shrink wrap the whole mess after it dries.

I've used it selectively for low voltage marine applications and similar. I would think it would be fine for your invisible fence repair. If you want it fast, instead of HF, I've seen it at HD.

HD), I've just never tried it. I picked it up on impulse the last time I was in the store, along with an embarrassing amount of other 'quality sale items'.

Silicone in a tube as in sealant or caulk should be the same thing it will adhere to a clean surface and be waterproof, just be sure the tube is not more than a few months old.

Silicone is much thicker and won't leave an even uniform coat on a wire. The liquid tape goes on like a heavy paint, will run into and fill areas in the connection and gives a more uniform, smooth, job.
T. McQuinn wrote:

I find it's hard to keep for any length of time without becoming a big mass of hard black crap.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8