Linseed oil danger

Page 2 of 2
On 8/27/2012 11:00 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I visited a friend's house where he was doing some remodeling, etc. On his plastic laminate kitchen counter, there was a burn about 5" in diameter. I said something like, "placed at too hot pot there?" and he said, no. He had a linseed oil rag there and apparently it self combusted. Luckily, there wasn't any other combustibles to spread the fire, other than the small piece of rag itself. Lesson learned.
Ouch! Glad the plastic surface didn't light up.
I visited a friend's house where he was doing some remodeling, etc. On his plastic laminate kitchen counter, there was a burn about 5" in diameter. I said something like, "placed at too hot pot there?" and he said, no. He had a linseed oil rag there and apparently it self combusted. Luckily, there wasn't any other combustibles to spread the fire, other than the small piece of rag itself. Lesson learned.

I hope the laminate was supposed to be in the "Before" set of remodeling pictures, not the "After".