Linoleum repair

Our house is 13 years old and where the linoleum meets the "island" in the kitchen it's starting to curl away from the island. I'm afraid this will allow water to get under the linoleum and cause problems. I know there's a way to fix this, but I'm not sure how. I was thinking of using a heat-gun to soften the linoleum & then gluing it back down. Has anyone made this kind of repair before?
Patch wrote:

I used silicone and bar spreaders with the same problem in my bathroom. Seems to be fine two years later.
--
Bo Williams - snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net
http://hiwaay.net/~williams /
Patch wrote:

the floor around the island will prevent it from happening again?
You made me think of something for my problem posted elsewhere: hair drier to soften the linoleum. Problem is in our luddite home, no driers!
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]

3/4 inch brads along the edge, after spreading silicone adhesive underneath with a small screwdriver. Or, like the other reader suggested, nail down quarter round molding to encircle the island.