Linoleum repair

Our house is 13 years old and where the linoleum meets the "island" in the kitchen it's starting to curl away from the island. I'm afraid this will allow water to get under the linoleum and cause problems. I know there's a way to fix this, but I'm not sure how. I was thinking of using a heat-gun to soften the linoleum & then gluing it back down. Has anyone made this kind of repair before?

Reply to
Patch

I used silicone and bar spreaders with the same problem in my bathroom. Seems to be fine two years later.

Reply to
Bo Williams

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps some quarter round molding nailed into the floor around the island will prevent it from happening again?

Reply to
willshak

You made me think of something for my problem posted elsewhere: hair drier to soften the linoleum. Problem is in our luddite home, no driers!

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]

Reply to
vjp2.at

I've made this kind of repair on curling seams, hammering down thin-shank

3/4 inch brads along the edge, after spreading silicone adhesive underneath with a small screwdriver. Or, like the other reader suggested, nail down quarter round molding to encircle the island.
Reply to
Roger