Limited trim options for using shallow hi-hats

I am making use of my attic space for storage and I am putting down a plywood floor. The joists are 2X6. I have some hi-hats in my bedroom in which the can sticks up above the attic floor. I can cut around the cans, or I was thinking of putting in the shallow hi-hats, but I noticed you are limited to the trim baffles you can use. It seems that the HALO 301 open trim is the only one that works. Plus the 65W BR30 bulb I use is not as recessed in the can as my old hi-hats, its actually almost is flush with the ceiling, which I understand since the can is more shallow.
On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:35:06 AM UTC-4, Mikepier wrote:

why not raise the floor enough to prevent a conflict?

I was thinking about that, but headroom is limited already.