Lime amount under pine tree

I removed a large pine tree in my yard. The circle diameter in the ground is close to 10ft. The tree was 20 years old. How do I treat the underlying soil to make it ready for grass planting. Thanks for your help
Do a soil test, cheap via most cooperative extension centers. jb wrote:

jb wrote:

The standard answer is "don't guess - get a soil test". However, in practice, an educated guess would be 15 lbs of lime spread over a 20' circle and worked into the soil. (lime placed on the surface penetrates average soil 1"/yr.)
Bob S.
Bob S. wrote:

I would lime the hell out of it. You can never add to much lime as far as I'm concerned.
Paul
You certainly can add too much lime. It will kill grass very effectively. That's what is used to mark football fields.
Limestone is not as bad, but applied thickly, it will behave the same.