lightweight lamp base

Are there standard-size lightweight plastic lamp bases that can be screwed or nailed into wood? I want to install a series of lamp bases in the upper half of a large valance, but do not want to add a lot of weight. I looked at puck-light kits, but these operate off a transformer and can not be controlled with a dimmer switch. All I can find for lamp bases are the heavy porcelain kinds.

I've seen crap like these...
http://morstar.en.alibaba.com/product/50060160/50272809/Lamp_Holders/UL_Approved_Bakelite_Plastic_Normal_Lamp_Holders.html
BTW I have a set of puck lights that are controlled by a touch pad - Low, Medium, High, Off, Low, Medium, High, Off, etc. Would that work for your application?