Lights Out....

After a nasty storm recently I discovered that my exterior motion sensitive flood light has ceased to work. I checked wiring and breakers. What now?
Frank B. wrote:

I assume you have tried changing the bulb(s), just in case it's that simple.
Otherwise, perhaps the storm sent a transient on your power line that fried the electronics in the motion sensor. In this case, you would need a new sensor.
Good luck.
-- Jack Gavin
After a nasty storm recently I discovered that my exterior motion sensitive flood light has ceased to work. I checked wiring and breakers. What now?
Try to turn off power momentarily in case something needs to be reset. Occasionally mine "sticks" on and that cures it.
Charlie
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 11:18:23 -0400, "Charlie Bress"

middle of the night storm.
Frank:
FB> After a nasty storm recently I discovered that my exterior motion = FB> sensitive flood light has ceased to work. I checked wiring and = FB> breakers. What now? Time for a new sensor! Lightening does nasty things: could fry the electronics as someone else suggested or "blind" the sensor due to the bright flash.
We also had a sensor fail a number of years back because water got into it. (No idea how.)
It may be cheaper to replace the entire unit than attempting to find just a replacement sensor. We have a unit which runs 30% power at night, up to 100% when it detects motion. Saves some electricity and provides sufficient light on the low-power mode.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Single says to self after dinner: Time to do the dish!
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971