lights get bright

When my boiler comes on, the lights in my kitchen and the recessed lights in my living room momentarily get brighter. They are not on the same circuit as the boiler. Any clues??

Reply to
RBM

Time to check/re-tighten all of the connections at the service panel.

Reply to
SQLit

You have a loose connection in your grounded service conductor (main neutral wire) or feeder. It could be at the main panel, a subpanel feeding both circuits, the meter, or at the pole. (or anywhere else the service conductors are spliced.) This is potentially quite dangerous.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

You have one or more loose neutral (sometimes called ground it is should be the white wire) connections. You need to have this corrected at once. It can be dangerous and it can damage equipment. If you don't know what you are doing, call the pro. This is not the thing to learn about home wiring on.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

When my boiler kicks on the lights in the kitchen and the recessed lights in the living room momentarily get brighter. The lights in both rooms are on the same circuit but the boiler is on a separate dedicated circuit. I've got a 200 amp service with practically no load on it. Any ideas??

Reply to
RBM

As you were told the last time you posted this question, you have a loose connection on the neutral wire. This is potentially a *very* dangerous condition. You should have your utility company out *immediately* to check the connections between the pole and your meter; if they say all that is OK, call an electrician *immediately* to have the rest of the wiring checked.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The same problem I just had in my garage, and I was lucky, I only ended up with a bunch of burned out lightbulbs (and a bad day). Yes, this is serious.

Reply to
maradcliff