Lightning protector for telephone NID

Sure you can lock it.. for all the good that does.. A standard hex socket opens any NID, locked or unlocked.

Reply to
David Lesher

Why go to that amount of trouble....Just disconnecting the pairs from the LP was enough.

Not certa>

Reply to
oparr

I apologize. This was meant to be sent only to a friend who is considering signing up for faster DSL. *She*'s the one who won't understand the previous paragraph, at least the part about filters.

I expect that Steven will undrstand it, considering he wrote it!

I otoh, had a lot of trouble understanding what I was talking about when I read it in the ng. ;

Wow, I checked and I hadn't even sent it to the friend.

Again, refers to my friend's house.

I see at the end is a line directed to Steve, asking if the phone wobbled. So in the middle of writing, I forgot that I was writing and an email and thought it was meant to be a post too.

Reply to
mm

Are you asking if the wall phone wobbled? Yes it did and a few times came off the wall. It is a very expensive Motorola Base station and I was lucky nothing broke. To make things even faster for my DSL I installed a Cat5 cable direct to the DSL router/modem and now the signal is just under 6, and at the demark it is under 7 and that I can't figure out since the top speed is 6.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

many years ago a burglar was busy in our area cutting phone lines, before breaking in the homes.

jerk must of hit 30 homes, cut phone lines so security systems couldnt dial out.

bell telephone was going around instaling a NID at each home.

I had my NID installed high up, where a extension ladder would be needed to reach the nid or line, preventing tampering.

my grandma, who could barely walk was living here and I idnt want our home burglarized.

many years later the NID went bad and I had them replace it, with one on ground level.

Reply to
hallerb

I'll bet. BTDT. I usually "won".

That's where I would have installed the SNI - let the customer own all the mickey mouse from there to the house. Wotta PITA and mostly a worthless effort.

To the layman, it all sounds so good. It's just "feel good" effort. No one messes with SNIs - at least around here during my career. In any case, a bold bad guy would just smash and grab with siren blaring away.

More likely, they'd not bother with such a residence regardless of the telephone installation. Pickings are SOOO much easier in the city. A quick VCR, DVD or flat screen will keep the bad guy high just fine. He's not going to bother trying to find a fur vault or locate the Goebel Hummels.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

On Aug 3, 12:27=EF=BF=BDam, Jim Redelfs wro= te:

rt. =EF=BF=BDNo

locally security alarm companies have gone to a backup radio system, perhaps they use cell phones imbeded in the system? dont really know but if the phone line is cut the system phones home a alarm.

its sad verizon fios tech support sucks, our central office had a bad noisey router, it was noisy for a month, got worse, and the problem was ignored for another month, even with me calling daily........

got into a heated argument with one idiot CSR.

ITS THE NETWORK verizons adds are a joke. they could care less........

Reply to
hallerb

effort. =EF=BF=3D3FNo

city. =EF=BF=3D3FA

They just knew whom they were dealing with...

--=20 Tekkie - I approve this advertisement/statement/utterance.

Reply to
Tekkie®