Lightning Arrestor and Whole House Surge Protector Question

My service panel is inside my house. I have a lightning arrestor and a whole house surge protector. Each unit isn't very big, about half the size of my fist. I know they install using the knock outs, and I know each unit must contact the neutral and both buses. The electrician I spoke to said to just attach the hot leads from these units to the breaker contacts of a double pole breaker (in this case a 60 AMP AC breaker).
To my thinking, if the breaker throws, then so does my protection. Is there a better place to attach the hot leads from these units? Is it unusual to have a lightning arrestor inside the house?
Thanks for you advice.

Either to their own double pole breaker, or possibly to one you'd know if it was tripped.