Lighting trouble

This is a question about my lounge light
We have a dimmer switch and the light has 3 bulbs.. Last year a bulb blew and the dimmer switch blew at the same time. I thought this odd but replaced both..i since learnt that the dimme switch has a fuse..
last week another bulb blew...i changed it..then the bulb next to i blew.. 2 days later, i changed that,,,finally the 3rd bulb blew a da after that ,,,,i was carefull to change like for like regards bul watage.....
ANY IDEA'S ANYONE??? apart from....oh i think its gremilins or indeed the wee people fro irelan
-- gastec

If the light is on about 2 hours per day average one complete bulb change per year would be about right.
gastec wrote:

Often the lamp will kill a dimmer when it blows.
Bulbs have about the same life. Yours seem to have been very close. You should be good now for a long time before any additional replacements.
I am from Ireland and I am not all that large, but honest, I did not do it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit