Lighting a gas water heater pilot

LOL. Thanks. This is very applicable. The thing is lit now, but I was looking in the wrong direction and have no idea how long it took.

Reply to
mm

I'll keep this in mind for next time.

Wait a second. That sounds bad!

Reply to
mm

A great answer. You answered every questions I asked.

Hey, I have a little butane torch, but hadn't read this part of the thread in time. As you'll see below, it started pretty easily, despite the problems lots of otehrs have had with Whirlpool thermocouples. I did have to hold down the button a minute or two, and actually held it down much longer, because I couldn't see the flame or smell gas and I thought I was still purging the air from the line. ;)

Reply to
mm

I've not done the Jesus method myself, but have been present when an electrician did. Worked fine. Fortunately, some store employee didn't notice the breaker trip, and reset it for him. That wouda been the Jesus Mutter Sputter method, for the second trip.

Maybe that's why gas men don't have eye brows?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oh, gosh. The country is being ruined by the far left.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon