Lighted Switch

Page 2 of 2
Walter R. wrote:

Easy cheap fix. Sneak out a bottle of your wife's red nail polish. Turn the switch on and then paint the part of the switch that is showing red. Now when the light is on you see red and when the light is off you don't. It's easy to see from a distance and catches your attention.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Walter R. wrote:

Go to a real electrical store. I installed a switch for the attic light (located by the pull down stair) that has both a switch and light that illuminates when the switch is on.
Pass and Seymour make "decorator-style" switches that do what you want:
Search for "pilot" in
http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/D02-08.pdf
I couldn't find the particular ones I wanted in stock anywhere, not even at an electrical-supplies warehouse; they had to be special-ordered.
Perce
On 11/18/05 01:17 am Walter R. tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

If this works for you, you could take it a step further and install one of these Leviton electronic timers. (see link below) The choices are 2, 4, 8, and 12 hours, plus it functions as a pilot light as well.
No-one could ever leave the lights burning for more than one evening again. Now that would be cool.
http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/model_6512H.htm?ovchn=FRO&ovcpn=Froogle&ovcrn=Froogle&ovtac=PI
Beachcomber