Lightbulb smuggling begins in California

"...the 100-watt incandescent light bulb will be outlawed at midnight on December 31, 2010.
"Smuggling bootleg light bulbs into California would be a piece of cake. Just stuff them inside bales of marijuana. Or line up eight packs in the cargo bays of Greyhound buses carrying illegals on the express lane from Tijuana to any of two dozen sanctuary cities."
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/bootleg_lightbulbs_coming_to_c.html
It's for the children.

To my understanding, the outlawed bulbs will not partake until 2012.
Heard it on DIY channel.
SBH wrote:

That may be national. It begins in California next week. Their children are more precious that the rest of the country's.

Silly me...I almost forgot why I feel the urge to kiss the ground whenever I visit that state.

Nah, you just like it when they bend you over.

+1

In Kalifornica, exactly.
On 12/27/2010 2:46 PM, HeyBub wrote:

The fruit loop retro Jerry Brown State. Legalize dope, eliminate hamburgers and french fries...and American made light bulbs that you can actually see without getting a headache.

Maybe it's time for "medicinal incandescents".
On 12/27/2010 9:54 AM, HeyBub wrote:

And it's comforting to know that virtually all the CFL bulbs will come from China.
On 12/27/2010 4:41 PM Nikki Heat spake thus:

So much for stating the obvious.
Why don't you tell us what *doesn't* come from China?

Until quite recently GE light bulbs.

Along with Sylvania and Philips formerly Westinghouse..
Thankfully it is still profitable for Philips and/or Osram/Sylvania to makle some USA-popular lightbulbs for "USA market", but in Canada or Mexico,
Canada appears to me to be doing good by having a nationalized healthcare system, reducing need of employers to "chip in" in comparison to USA.
-- Don Klipstein ( snipped-for-privacy@misty.com)
In typed:

The outlawed "bulbs" are NOT residential bulbs like the 40, 60, 75 & 100 watters used all over. Go look up the information yourself and get the nitty gritty. This whole thing is an overzealous hoax.