Light switching dilemma. to X10 or what?

Ok, I'm a dummy. I put 4 ceiling boxes on the same switch, now I want to control them separately. What are my choices besides:
1.. rewiring 2.. pull chains
I considered the x10 stuff, but I don't really see a wire in module that could sit in the top of the light fixtures. I may not have room for the socket rockets.
thanks
steve barker

Rewire with a couple of 14-3 romex and be sure to mark the hot wires with black tape.
Joe