Light rope reflector

There's a tape that's used to seal air ducts. You can find it at any Home Depot type store.

It probably conducts electricity as well. This shouldn't be a problem if you keep it away from exposed wires, which shouldn't be exposed anyway.

You can also try chrome spray paint or smallish mirrors used for mirror balls.

Pagan

Reply to
Pagan

Silver foil duct tape.

Reply to
PanHandler

Looking for something simple to increase the light reflection of light rope from a cove moulding to light up the edge of a ceiling.

- White paint probably be the way I will go, cheap, easy to install but not much reflectivity.

- White plastic laminate would be ideal but too much trouble to fit and install plus the cost.

- Mirrors would be perfect but the same problems as above.

- Sheet metal, shiny aluminium or white coated, probably too much work to cut, fit and install plus it conducts electricity.

- Best of all would be a plastic tape, about 3" wide, self adhesive, about

10 to 30 mils thick, but I don't know where one would find such a product, does anyone know?

- Years ago there was a cheap substitute for plastic laminate using a sheet polyester plastic, this may be good but I don't see anyone selling something similar now.

Any suggestions, on product and where one could get it?

Reply to
EXT

If you really want a mirror: Aluminium paint, Aluminium tape, or aluminized mylar. Take your pick. But a good stark white paint will do the job just fine. You don't want the dumb-ass off-white eggshell finish crap that they sell for ceilings and walls, though. You want the cans of safety white that they sell for OSHA markings.

--Goedjn

Reply to
Goedjn

How about mirror tiles? The ones I've seen are pretty thin, should be no problem to cut to size. I wouldn't be surprised if they come with adhesive backing.

Reply to
Dan Espen

For this application, if you really want an actual mirror, you buy a $8.00 cheap "full-length" mirror at your local department store, and cut it into lengths.

Reply to
Goedjn

Thanks, I had forgotten all about the aluminium foil duct tape. Just bought a 3" x 150' roll of the stuff, this should do the job. Since I am sticking it to the unfinished back of a crown moulding, I will give it a couple of coats of fast drying varnish to increase the ability of the pressure sensitive adhesive to stay bonded for some time, probably with a couple of staples at the ends and middle of the runs.

Reply to
EXT