Light i dimmer all the sudden

Hi, We've noticed the ceiling light fixture is not as bright as used to be. Changing the bulbs didn't help. I have the dimmer to control the fixture, it's all the way up. Any idea what could go wrong? Any way to test what's wrong?
Thanks

Try taking the dimmer out of the circuit. If the lights are as bright as they should be without the dimmer , the dimmer is defective

some new bulbs arent as brite as old ones.....
its not this problem but bulbs in dimmers tend to last forever, they get less thermal shock.
thus the filaments deposit on the inside and bulb britness tanks.
bulbs in dimmers get replaced here when they start to get dim, rather than burn out
bypass dimmer if its normal britness replace dimmer

Some dimmers are designed so that they don't operate the lamp at full output. First thing to do is to check the socket voltage with the dimmer full on to see if it matches the rating of the lamp.
In some areas, retailers sell 130 volt lamps so they don't get short-life complaints. Those will be noticeably dimmer if the socket only delivers 120 volts at full.
TKM