Light Dimmer Switch

About 15 years ago a dimmer switch was installed in our bathroom. It controls a mirror with 7 light receptable. We use 40W in each receptable. I have noticed that the wall plate is warm to the touch after the lights have been on for a short time. The control knob feels normal and appears to be doing its job.
Should I be concerned about the warmth of the wall plate or is this normal?
Thanks for your advice.
It's normal. You just never noticed it over the last 15 years.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Lamb 1944 wrote:

that is why it gets hot.. this is normal......
jim wrote:

Well, the dimming is probably not done directly by resistance... unless it is a VERY old dimmer. More likely it is a triac.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/dimmer-switch1.htm