Light-colored weed barrier?

My home in Arizona has a front yard skimpily covered in pale tan stone, and there are just TONS of weeds all the time during the growing season. I pull everything I can see (roots and all, of course), and literally the next day, they're already back. I know I need more stone, and I know it will have to be tan again, within a couple of shades (HOA regulations). I would like to rake back what rock is there, cover the ground with a weed barrier, and then re-cover with old and new rock, but all the weed barrier fabric I've found so far is black. I suppose that if there's enough stone, it won't matter much, but I would really prefer to find something that won't stand out so much if the stone is disturbed.
Has anyone ever seen weed barrier fabric in a color other than black? Or have any other suggestions that don't involve the use of chemicals?
-- Jennifer
Yes, home depot/lowe's sells grey-colored 'professional' grade landscape fabric that I installed last summer, better than black I guess....search online though, I'm sure someone sells lighter colors.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

What's wrong with chemicals? Round up and reward to kill the live stuff, and some good Pre-M to prevent the new. done deal.
--
Steve Barker

"Jennifer" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

Trying not to contribute to the contamination of groundwater. Just doing my part :)
-- Jennifer