Light Bulbs Dimming

Page 2 of 2

light/fan which has been there for 15 years and working fine. Fan works fine. Just recently, when I turn on the light, it starts out bright, then dims after several minutes. I have only CF's in the house, but have switched the bulbs and all act the same. Will try to find an incand type today and check it out.

to full brightness again. Have tried this from both 3-way switches.

see this on the one fixture.

module, in

a slight

bump the

to get to

bulbs in

anyone ever measured the actual current flowing to a CF to see if it really does save power/money?

months or years, that the base is blackened. Also notice the base gets really hot. The glass is hot too, but not as hot as incand bulbs. But having the base getting so hot and being close to the ceiling seems like it could be a hazard in some places where there is little clearance from the ceiling, for example.

they are first installed. And when I remove one, it still smells only not so strong. If it's got mercury in it, I'm going be pissed at Gov Yoga Pants and his go-green political machine.

LOL! In that case I lost my smoke years go.