Light bulb, thy doom is near!

Page 1 of 4
Opinion piece on the demise of the 100-watt bulb.
"Because the end of days is drawing nigh. Not in the Biblical sense, but in the Environmental Protection Agency sense: there were only a scant eight weeks (now only seven) before the end of the light bulb as we know it. As of January 1, 2012, Americans will have their freedom of light bulb choice snuffed out by an omnibus 2007 law requiring that general-purpose bulbs be 25% more energy-efficient than the current, justly-beloved, incandescent bulb."
http://pjmedia.com/blog/the-end-of-the-light-bulb-as-we-knowit/
Add pictures here
βœ–

So what is next on the governments list of let's end this so we can transfer all the production to China, India, or someplace else?
I expect any day now they will set a new rule in place that you are limited to a single sheet of toilet paper when you take a crap and will hire thousands of watchdog government employees to watch you and enforce the rules. At that point I will finally be willing to invite them to wipe my ass for me but until then get your damn regulations off my back and out of my house.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:05:44 -0800, BobR wrote:

Depressing, isn't it?

It'll be Made-in-China electronic toilet paper, too - the equivalent of wiping your ass on a Kindle...
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 14, 6:13 pm, Jules Richardson

Other then in a cold room what is the problem it is only a light bulb
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:43:29 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Excellent!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 14, 6:13 pm, Jules Richardson

So what is next on the governments list of let's end this so we can

Yes thats what you get when Wallmart led the charge over seas to get you cheaper products .
Add pictures here
βœ–

Walmart simply gave the majority of people exactly what they wanted, cheap products at a cheap price. Most people don't care where its produced, rather its of quality or not so long as it's CHEAP.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Meh. Wal-Mart is just giving their customers what they demand: the cheapest products possible, regardless of their cost to our souls.
Add pictures here
βœ–

***The bidet people are behind this, mark my words!
HB
[...]
Add pictures here
βœ–

I would bet a years pay that what she says and what she does are two very different things.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No time to read it. I have to run to the store to pick up something. Maybe a dozen somethings.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Right toward the end I imagine A-19s will be a dime each, so pack some away if you want to keep them. I bet the legal incandescents will spike in price too since the manufacturers won't have big lines running so you probably want to rathole some appliance bulbs.
Add pictures here
βœ–
harry wrote:

It's the silliness of government trying to solve the wrong problem, which, if they stayed completely out of it, wouldn't be a problem at all.
In the instant case, the difficulty is not too many incandescent bulbs; the problem is too few power plants.
"But," you may say, "CFLs reduce our demand for electricity!" Yes, and computers, electric cars, and a mania for toasted strawberry pop-tarts continues to drive demand up. More power generation will be needed next week or next year. At best, limiting consumer choices by mandating CFLs or prune-flavored poptarts merely delays the real solution.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:17:44 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Don't forget that little pipeline from Canuckistan.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:45:44 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Use it *all*. Whatever's cheapest, first.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 15, 10:45 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Very true. Now consider how differently things might be if the government had just stayed the hell out of trying to manage the oil industry in the first place. Just wonder what might have developed differently if the government hadn't imposed a cap on oil prices until we were totally dependent on foreign oil. Every time the government gets involved with anything in an attempt to control it they either drive it out of the country or drive the prices through the roof.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Nov 15, 7:46 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

They have had a strangle hold on healthcare for many years now and the result has been nothing short of a disaster. The entire healthcare system revolves around Medicare and Medicaid now and will only get worse in the future if Obamacare is upheld. We are already spending 100's of millions (throughout the country) trying to get ready for the implementation of Obamacare and most of it hasn't even started yet. And that is on top of the already out of control costs of the current regulations. The actual cost of the delivery of the healthcare service hasn't risen nearly as much as the costs for compliance, oversight, billing, collections, and other non-healthcare related costs. It is all those associated costs that are going up even more with the Obamacare fiasco.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Getting the idiots who run a totally disfunctional government out of the business of micromanaging every aspect of our lives.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Less than 1% of the oil consumed in the U.S. is used for electric power generation.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/2011 10:46 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Not to mention that the US actually exports more oil than it imports.
Add pictures here
βœ–