Light bulb for shed

The amount of UV is minimal and is indirect. I'd expect at least a few years. But, even if I'm wrong, do you have a better alternative?

The original application was for what laughingly passes for roofs in African hovels. I doubt the failure of the milk jug plastic would be an issue for them. I don't have anyplace where I would purposely cut a hole in a sound roof in order to shove a milk jug filled with water into it. If you do, go for it. Usually when I want light in my sheds I just open the doors.

See my mea culpa in this thread.
On 5/12/2013 9:39 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Probably as long as the sea of plastic bottles floating around in the middle of the North Atlantic.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Uh Oh. I'm going to have to back pedal.... I thought this referred to the gallon water jugs/milk jugs. I see now I miss read it and it's about those single serve water bottles. I still wouldn't cut holes in my good roofs to put those in it but I don't think those have a UV problem. The kind of plastic I was picturing was the milky kind, not the clear stuff.