Light Bulb

Page 1 of 2
How many members does it take........ ...to change a lightbulb??
1 to change the light bulb and 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
4 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
and one who was way too much free time!

"lamp"
this
buy
technique
corrected
about
Below...

light
bulbs
bulb"
bulbs
this
start
6 to ask why your cross posting this thread
And 5 to complain about top posting.

all
cannot
And five to call the original poster an effing moron.
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus

light
bulbs
bulb"
bulbs
this
start
Goes to show that they are not any better than the other artificial Christians out there...

Mormons ARE NOT Christians. Mormonism / LDS is a CULT.
Mormons do not believe that Christ is God.
Mormons WILL rot in hell.
On 13 Nov 2003, Oscar_lives wrote:

What about people who obsess endlessly over the thought of other people having sex with children?
What does God have in store for you?

Hang on, let me forward this one to Paul....

TOMMY: Your answer is here: http://www.kcbx.net/~rloomis/pulpf32.wav
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:36:30 -0600, "William Morris"

I noticed that you didn't call him on his most egregious fault - he's a top-poster! <g>
R, Tom Q.
What's wrong with top posting?
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:01:45 -0500, Tom Quackenbush

Or posting through the thread?

<snip>
Or if you must bottom post at least have the courtesy to snip.
--
This is not a self-referential tagline.

Not a thing, I do it all the time so peeps don't have to scroll thru a ton of shit to see what I've had to say
wrote:

then
My thoughts exactly.

'As every cat owner knows, nobody owns
a cat.' Ellen Perry Berkeley
Steve Scott wrote:

<SNIP> Not too much, in the grand scheme of things.
R, Tom Q.
A: Because it puts the answer before the question.
Q: Why is it frowned upon?
A: Top posting.
Q: What form of posting to newsgroups is generally frowned upon?
It also helps to keep straight who posted what. When you reply to the top poster their info is directly under the "from" info. As this will be if you reply to and don't muck it up. :)
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 22:42:45 -0500, Tom Quackenbush

--
'As every cat owner knows, nobody owns
a cat.' Ellen Perry Berkeley
PLONK

"lamp"
this
buy
technique
corrected
about
One. I just hold the bulb while the whole world revolves areound ME!
Oh, yeah, and seven to plonk to make the masses shiver with mortal fear.

light
bulbs
bulb"
bulbs