Lifting vinyl flooring that has been glued, without damage?

I'm in the middle of doing a knee wall / floor repair, need help fast! I found that the vinyl "roll" flooring (not little squares) has adhesive on the back. Will heat lamp be of any use or am I just stuck in replacing whole kitchen vinyl floor? I need to peel back about 3 ft by 2 ft flap to get to plywood... Thanks for any help..

Reply to
Chuck

Disregard.... I found that heat, by way of 500 watt bulb with reflector, would soften vinyl but not the adhesive. Looks like time to call in the flooring man once I'm done..

Reply to
Chuck

My experience with a 250 watt IR heat lamp at 6 in is that the glue will soften in about 10 min. You might have to put the lamp further away for longer to avoid vinyl d amage, approach it cautiously. It takes a while for the heat to go thru the vinyl and get to the glue, you have to heat up the underlying floor as well.

Reply to
Nick Hull