Lifting top of GE clothes dryer

I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a screw driver between the top and front to push in the clamps (or whatever they are called) to lift the top of the dryer. I want to remove the front of the dryer to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push the clamps in to loosen the top. Any ideas?

Reply to
BFSUGGS

I fixed a dryer at work not long ago, I don't remember what make it was, it may have been a GE. I put the dryer on its side, then removed two screws at the bottom of the front panel and that allowed me to remove the front panel and access the inside.

I hope this works for you. Let us know.

Martin

Reply to
Martin & Karen

You can read how to access the innards of the newer style GE dryer at the following link:

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Some, you need to use a putty knife.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Hi,

Depends on the model# of your GE dryer....there are a few different styles!

One common version is linked below....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a screw

Hi,

Depends on the model# of your GE dryer....there are a few different styles!

One common version is linked below....

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

We found the screws that loosen the top, took it off, decided taking the front off in our limited space was too complicated, and had a hard time putting the top back.

We do appreciate all the suggestions.

Reply to
BFSUGGS