Lifting top of GE clothes dryer

I have a year old GE clothes dryer. With my old dryer, I just put a screw driver between the top and front to push in the clamps (or whatever they are called) to lift the top of the dryer. I want to remove the front of the dryer to vaccuum out the lint buildup. I cannot push the clamps in to loosen the top. Any ideas?
I fixed a dryer at work not long ago, I don't remember what make it was, it may have been a GE. I put the dryer on its side, then removed two screws at the bottom of the front panel and that allowed me to remove the front panel and access the inside.
I hope this works for you. Let us know.
Martin

You can read how to access the innards of the newer style GE dryer at the following link:
http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+dryer
=~~~~~~
Some, you need to use a putty knife.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (BFSUGGS) wrote in message

Hi,
Depends on the model# of your GE dryer....there are a few different styles!
One common version is linked below.... http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryers.html
jeff.
<< snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (BFSUGGS) wrote in message

Hi,
Depends on the model# of your GE dryer....there are a few different styles!
One common version is linked below.... http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html http://www.applianceaid.com/ge-dryers.html
jeff.
>><BR><BR>
We found the screws that loosen the top, took it off, decided taking the front off in our limited space was too complicated, and had a hard time putting the top back.
We do appreciate all the suggestions.