Lift Master Model 985 problems

The garage door opener has stopped moving our door. The motor comes on when we push the start button, but the chain does not move and, therefore, the door doesn't lift. The motor appears to run a full "cycle", but nothing happens. Any ideas on trouble shooting??

Often caused by stripped plastic gears. When they get old, they get britle and the teethe break. They make a repair kit that includes everything you need, and detailed instructions. It's not that hard to do.
In article

Broken chain? sheared drive pin on sprocket?