Lifespan and replacement cost of galvanized pipe?

Does anyone have experience replacing galvanized piping? I'm looking at a place that shows some signs of rusting galvanized pipe. Water pressure is still good, but I'm worried I may have to have it replaced in the next 5 or 10 years. How long can this pipe last, and how much might it cost to replace? I know there are many contributing factors, but I'm curious what peoples' experience with this is.
Cheers -d
On Apr 8, 8:50 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Take the galv out and replace with pex or agua pex this can be pulled through walls by attaching to the galv as you pull sect of pipe out cost is less and life is 25 to 40 yrs. Galv is very expensiv and requires a good pipe fitter possible a threader $$. Pex will do the job fine and you can do it yourself.
Problem is, it's an 18-unit condo building, so we'd likely hire someone to replace the piping with something else.

On Apr 8, 11:06?pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

definetely replace it, BEFORE BUYING get some estimates.... PEX is the only way to go!
If it's 30 years old or older replace it at your next convenience with copper or that plastic stuff that's also good. I wouldn't trust galvanized pipe past 30 years!

Mine is 52 years old and going strong.
What symptoms are you seeing?
--
Roger Shoaf

Replace all of the under sink supply valves with quarter turn ball valves. Since you have galvanized now it makes it easy and you will never have to worry about the damn valve leaking or not being able to shut of the water to the sink when you need to fix it.
--
Roger Shoaf