Licensed Workmen

The county where I live has a web site where you can go and check to see if the people you want to hire have a license. You have to specify the kind of license they have - my question: Tub refinishers what kind of business license do they need? Thanks.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

It depends on the local rules.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A bath tub lisence.

the lisence doesnt mean much, get at least 20 refrences per year of every year in business , for a one man operation. You need someone doing this for years, not months.

Reply to
m Ransley

Here it would be a specialty contractor if that is all they do but they might have a more extensive license.

See if the site offers a name search option.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

"Dorot29701" wrote

You could check with your local tub refinishers union and see who they have listed.......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Call your county offices and ask them. It will vary by county...state...etc.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

What do you call a smart blonde? A golden retriever.

Reply to
Trent©

Locally, just an occupational license. It's not a regulated business here.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Your thread title is a bit off. A business will (or should) have a license. The workmen except for a few trades do not. Most of the homebuilding contractors are licensed but I would bet not one of the workers do.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

there is no licensing for tub refinishers it is a certification.

any automobile paint sprayer could work there hell, even ole ahole himself could be a tub refinisher. he always did love hugging the porcelain.

Reply to
Tweedle Dumb