LG washing machine repair

-------------------------------------
We have a 3 year old LG washing machine not used much by two older adults that has broken frequently. we have a friend with the same problems. The LG repair department is not very helpful when the repair men come and they make wrong guesses as they don't seam to understand and LG is no help. Do we toss it? It is now down with they think a bad control card but don't know which one
willis gill wrote:

Hi, I am Korean born who has lived here ~50 years, that is 2/3 of my life. I have a habit of avoiding anything made in Korea. I don't know why. Appliance business my Korean is fairly new venture even younger than automobiles. So how much experience do they have is my question. Our laundry pair is Whirlpool which never gave us any trouble since new.

I have an LG cell phone. From what I can see, LG makes crap.
nb

I bought a LG phone also. JUNK. WW
WW wrote:

LG makes some good stuff, they just don't finish it all the way.
Jon
notbob wrote:

I've had 3 LG phones and all worked fine, never a problem.
--
If your doctor isn't taking new patients,
he ain't curing any of them.
On 6 May 2011 17:01:24 GMT, notbob wrote:

Consumer Reports survey says that LG washers are much more reliable than any other brand.
Don't know what cell phones have to do with washing clothes.

On the other hand, we have two LG televisions including a 52" plasma we have had for 4-5 years and they are great.
We also have a set of LG washer/dryers that we have had about 5 months. They have also been great.........so far!
RonB

If the board was $20, I'd say go for it,. Chances are, it is $120 or more. In that case, it may be time to move on to a better brand. Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana, etc.
willis gill wrote:

http://www.repairclinic.com/LG-Washing-Machine-Parts
willis gill wrote:

Whoa! Way too much detail of the symptoms! Could you be less specific?

Pinpointing the problem part should be easy for even a semi-qualified tech. If you paid to have the washer fixed, you deserve a refund because you paid to have it, uh, fixed, not merely tinkered with.
Check appliance repair websites, like FitItNow.com, ApplianceJunk.com, or RepairClinic.com, and ask in their forums. Also check YouTube because there are a lot of repair videos there. I don't think paying for repair makes sense when a replacement front loader can be had for < $700, but for DIY repair, download the appropriate factory manual from:
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?topic (49.0
sci.electronics.repair might have information about fixing the control cards, if they're the problem.

What a sweetie you are!
RonB