LG Dehumidifier

My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %" humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

Reply to
kit

My 11 month old LG dehumidifier has recently developed a problem: the compressor runs, but the fan doesn't come on, even when the "Present %" humitity is higher than the "Set %" humidity. The controls all seem to function normally, otherwise. Any ideas on how to resurect the machine?

Reply to
kit

I would take advantage of the 1 year warranty right away.

Reply to
Art

If you give the fan a push, does it work? If so, cleaning and lubing the bearings might help.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Reply to
kit

I took the covers off and checked the fan... it rolls freely. I tried spinning it when the humidistat should have been calling for the fan to turn, in the hopes that a push would get it going. But no dice.

Reply to
kit

Next thing to check - is power getting to it?

Bob

Reply to
Bob F