LG A/C Control Question?

This summer I installed a 15Kbtu LG A/C unit. This unit has a remote and digital controls. I have problem that I am wondering if anyone else with an LG unit may have experienced.

It comes on by itself! Even though the power switch is pressed powering the unit off, eventually it will come back on. I've tried all the modes and also set the desired temp to as low as it goes.

The model is an LG1500PR electronic control unit.

Any one else?

Thanks

Reply to
Bob Mariotti

Hi, Remote control sensor is triggered by electrical noise(interference)? I have on in my daughter's condo. It does not do that. Any wires, plugs, etc. loose? If you're ehandy, I'd disable remote sensor circuit for temporary for trouble-shooting. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

What about waking up and using your dam install warranty, who can tell you anything here, better than your installer. Or get out the inspector , Or do I see you did it yourself

Reply to
m Ransley

It might be time for you to get a real Pro out to go over your instal.

Reply to
m Ransley

This is Turtle.

I guess your unit is a 15,000 btu window unit or maybe a mini-split.

If a Window unit : Call the place where you bought it and see about a warranty person to come check it out.

If a Mini-Split : Hummmmm , Hope ytou had it installed by a good installer and call him to come fix for nothing for 1 year. If not Awwwww , You can try this. Turn it off and remove the remote sencer from the house and out of range of the unit and see if it will come back on when you turn off and on everything in the house and also all appliances in different orders to get it to come back on. It it comes back on. It's the electric interfearence in what ever is triggering the unit to run. Here is a few items that has the same type system that could turn it on without the remote be in the room. Computor wireless Key boards and mouses, TV remotes, Ceiling fan remotes, Microwave ovens, Burgler alarms with lazer beams, Motion sencer lighting, Remote VCR or DVD recorders, and maybe Wireless speaker on a tv system.

Then bring the remote back in the room and see what happens. It it comes on then. It can be a defect of the remote in some way. If that is it try to get a hold of who you bought it from and get a replacement of the remote from them. Hope you bought it from someone who is reliable about parts warrenty.

Last of all call the company and see if they have a warranty service company in the area to look at it but you will be paying the labor. Now if you live in Louisiana , you can make the store or place furnish labor because of the laws on selling hvac equipment direct to customers. If you sell direct to the customer, they got to furnish free labor for 1 year even if they did not install it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

"m Ransley...It might be time for you to "STUFF IT"!

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Thanks Tony and Turtle;

Certainly I will be talking to LG to get on-site warranty repair. But some of your suggestions MIGHT be the cause. If I can locate the cause myself I would like to rather than have a needless trip.

Thanks again.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Mariotti

See

They have downloadable manuals and a FAQ Your unit has a stsrt/stop timer that might be accedently set to turn it on.. It also has some kind of autorestart feature to start the thing after a power fail. Mayby a little power glitch is enough make it restart. There is a switch somewhere behind a grill to disable autorestart.

Reply to
JOHN D