Leviton vs. Lutron for Decora switches and outlets

Leviton and Lutron seem to be the major brands here for standard Decora switches and outlets.
Any recommendations on which is better?

I bought a ''Leviton Illumatech,"Decora colletion" preset dimmer switch to use with some under-cabinet lighting and it didn't work. I took it back to the store; they tested it and confirmed it was bad. The replacement worked but it was still annoying to get all the way home, have the holes drilled, wire ran, all the tools out, then find out the brand new dimmer was broke.
Maybe mine was an isolated case, I don't buy these switches on a regular basis but just fyi.
As I remember Lutron is a manufacturer of dimmers not outlets or regular Decora style switches. Over all I like Lutron dimmers although the Leviton "slide" dimmers are good also. Leviton makes the best decora switches and outlets. Remember that switches come in residential and commercial grades. The commercial switches and outlets are substaially better than the residential.
AZCRAIG (Former Leviton employee.)
www.azcraig.us