Leveling a hump in a hallway floor

I am putting a laminate floor in my living room and hallway. I have a hump that is about an 18th to quarter inch in the center of the hallway that I want to correct before I put the floor down. The subfloor is 1/2" plywood, felt paper then 1/2 inch of partical board on top of the felt paper...all over 16' centers for the floor joists. I pulled the partical board off in the hall and now would like to put down a 1/4" of something like luan plywood and then leveler to fix the hump. Does that sound like a workable solution? The flooring is BHK Moderna with the pad attached to it. The part I am working on is about 11 feet long. The hallway is 30" wide. The floor seems sound. I think the hump is from settling of the house or a floor joist that is a bit high in that spot. There is no other evidence of water damage or anything around the area. Any ideas of suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
TomM in NY