Lets roll!

Page 5 of 16
On 7/28/2012 6:09 AM, HeyBub wrote:

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^
TDD
What would that be? Semi .22 rimfire, maybe? Small round, and slide action to help absorb the recoil?
I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for shooting liberal sissies? ;-)
If mineral oil comes from minerals. Where does baby oil come from?

Elephant guns are for shooting elephants, so Sissy guns are for shooting liberal sissies? ;-)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

The drug store. If you can pry it out of the hands of some whining, crybaby liberal.
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I don't know. The Mossad seems to shoot damn near anyone they want to with .22's. A suppressed 10/22 is great for crowd control. Quietly kneecap them from 100 yards and all any of Abdul's friends know is that he stumbled and is having trouble getting up. It looks a lot better on the 6 o'clock news than tear gas, water cannons, or non-lethal projectiles.
08:59:56 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Hey, that sounds like a Good Idea.
    But I'm afraid if I walk into the local gun store and ask for a "Sissy Gun" I will be laughed at. And that could be bad for my self-esteemed. (Or, like Agorn*, I could chose to be amused.)
tschus pyotr
* http://mansionofe.comicgenesis.com/d/20120726.html
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
pyotr filipivich wrote:

No! No! No! You tell them you want a lightweight weapon to scare away sissies. You wouldn't want them to fill their 'Depends', would you? No one wants to be around when those need changed!
pyotr filipivich wrote:

If I chose to walk in and buy one of those pink Walthers, the clerks might be amused, but I bet they'd wait for me to hit the parking lot before chuckling.

Well, a sissy isn't going to attack me unless you think I could die from having my butt grabbed. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

They might beat you up with a purse, with a brick in it.

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first awakened. If I close my hands, one or more fingers stick and won't open normally until my hands warmup. Long gone are the days when I could jump out of bed and spring into action. I've seen some material on modifying trigger assemblies on home defense shotguns to make it easier for someone with arthritis to fire the weapon. I live in pain but it would be a lot worse if I sat around instead of pushing myself. Me and JH are looking for a young guy to help us pull wire and cable and climb around in ceilings, someone around 50 years old. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I had some punk ask me if I had a gun to protect myself when i lived up north. I told him I wasn't afraid of his little gang. He asked, What would you do if you woke in the middle of the night to find someone in your bedroom? I smiled & told him that there were two steps that squeaked, and I was a very light sleeper. He wanted to know what that meant, so I smiled and told him there was a 200+ pound TV in my bedroom, and I wouldn't hesitate to shove it down the stairs. He still didn't get it, so I explained that when he and the TV console hit the landing, he'd end up laying there dead in my basement while I called the police to report that some loser tried to steal more TV than he could carry. He had the nerve to call me crazy! ;-)

They respect crazy, they will run from crazy. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

My neighbors couldn't understand why I was the only one in the area that they didn't steal from or vandalize my property. ;-)
The Daring Dufas wrote:

A 40 grain LRN is a whole lot better than nothing or missing with a 9mm.

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/walther-p22-review /
I've shot a few of them.. small calibre, but if you can't make the bad guy piss off after emptying the clip of CCI stingers, you have a bigger problem anyway. :)
--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.

I was thinking about getting SWMBO a Walther PPK/S but couldn't decide on .32 or .380.

Wounding a druggie will only be pissed off. A sane mugger will retreat upon sight of the weapon and not stop to look at the bore. The slasher the other day was subdued by his eyeballs after seeing the weapon.

Wounding? with a clip of stingers? You must be a terrible shot. [g]
--
Things look bad from over here. Too much confusion and no solution.
Everyone here knows your fear. Your out of touch and you try too much.
Dustin wrote:

Keith does most of his shooting with an electron gun. ;-)