Lets roll!

Page 12 of 16

Why indeed would they go at all?

Because it was the first showing. It's a common occurrence for "blockbusters".

Why do you come here?
On 7/22/2012 11:51 AM, harryagain wrote:

Most folks have an imagination and are social and don't sit home under a black cloud reciting a list of all of the things they hate...

MAJOR SNIP

It's an "opening night event"...... people do it so they can be among the first to see a new movie.
I did it YEARS ago (like 20) with my wife & kids to see Dick Tracy....the theater gave out T-shirts. It's called 'fun'.
Now that I'm old, I don't do that sort of thing so much.
cheers Bob

Many moons ago, I've been to a few showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. And they were a lot of fun. Particularly when you have a girlfriend who is an actress and has access to cool costumes.
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 17:32:31 -0500, "Atila Iskander"

On 7/22/2012 5:32 PM, Atila Iskander wrote:

In the late 70's there was a theater that showed The Rocky Horror Show every weekend and it was a blast to go just to watch the critters. ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

One in Cincinnati did that through most of the '80s.
22:51:02 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Something like 230 plus copies of the film were being viewed regularly at the peak. For something which was not in any rotation, that's a lot of copies for a film which bombed when first released.
--
pyotr filipivich
"And Art is art, and east is east and west is west, and if you take rubbarb
pyotr filipivich wrote:

'Camp knows no taste' ;-)
02:23:12 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    It is, a wonderful movie. Well, you wonder how it can keep theatres full, but, what the hell, I like it.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
pyotr filipivich wrote:

I've seen it once or twice on TV, but I wouldn't endure the noise in a theater to see it. The last time I saw a movie in a theater was over 10 years ago, and I had a roaring headache for five days.
11:37:26 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Bummer. Because, honestly, one goes to the theatre for the "performance" and "experience". This was the first movie to have a _script for the audience_. Weird. You can find copies of the various scripts, and then read along at a home show.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"And Art is art, and east is east and west is west, and if you take rubbarb

excellent point.... he's home, snug in bed at that hour
The "lets roll" guy thought he was on air plane ride.
Got to be prepared to take action, when the moment happens. Why would a guy with a CC / CHL permit be any different than the unprepared sheeple? (Training, mindset, preparation, and....)
I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians. They thought they were going to a movie.
But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved some lives that day.
On Jul 22, 7:58am, "Stormin Mormon"

ROFL...
Seriously ? Those careful planners who go off on these shooting sprees rarely envision resistance so if anyone had begun shooting back he could have stopped and fled...
To say that only a police officer with training and experience could have done anything: I say bullshit... There are just as many cases where the police shoot innocent people who are bystanders or completely air condition a suspect's car when one or two shots is all that was called for...

Hate to a agree with Evan but on this one he's right.
http://articles.latimes.com/2005/may/10/local/me-chase10
Lots more examples but this is an extreme one.
Approximately 120 rounds fired..... "suspect" hit four times; finger, toe & shoulder.
cheers Bob

Actually citizens shoot more than double the bad guys police do, while police shoot 6 times as many innocent bystanders as citizens do.
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------enigB2D34142D7F50BBE28C2ED3B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding
On 12-07-22 09:33 AM, Evan wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/c7dk4tc
mike
--------------enigB2D34142D7F50BBE28C2ED3B Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc" Content-Description: OpenPGP digital signature Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="signature.asc"
--------------enigB2D34142D7F50BBE28C2ED3B--
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:33:27 -0700 (PDT), Evan

Given the amount of ballistic protection that the guy had, I doubt that one person with a pistol would have been able to do much.