Lets roll!

Page 11 of 16
On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 10:11:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

On the rare occasion I go to a fast food joint for a burger, Five Guys. ;-) Other than that, it's Chick-Fil-A for a chicken sandwich but that's rare too. I generally go to sit-down restaurants. They're not much more expensive for lunch (generally boils down to the tip) and the food is much better. Often they're much cheaper because the vendor is picking up the bill. ;-)
typed in alt.survival the following:

    Hmm, good point.

    I'm sort of thinking that there might be things of value in the LA area. Aside from Caltech, I'm sure ...
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
pyotr filipivich wrote:

and the little old lady from Pasadena?

Just out of personal curiosity, do most magazines have a serial number of other way to tell that the person wielding the engraver might have been.. shall we say "creative"?
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Nope.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

The only ones I have ever seen marked were mid ban items stamped "for law enforcement only" from a couple makers. Other than that they are not usually marked. The only way to ID the actual year of manufacture would be if the company altered the design or didn't exist before the date in question. There were a few outfits that did this to placate the gun grabbers but for the most part there is nothing.
Plus if you are good with sheet metal you could easily make your own. I made a few 20 round ones for a Mini just to see if a tighter and better fitting mag had an impact on anything other than feeding.
--
Steve W.

This has nothing to do with Californica. Generally, you can only buy guns in your state of residency )or have them shipped to a FFL holder in your state).

It takes one dumb SOB to live in Californica.
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

And enough additional to elect them. Like the old saying: The 99% of bad lawyers make the other percent look bad.

It would take more than a leg-hold...

Does it matter? You're owned by the likes of Pelosi.

It doesn't matter. You're owned by lefties, no different than Pelosi.
Gunner Asch wrote:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t 4709&highlight=large+capacity+magazines
Right. I saw an ad once (Ebay?) for the very hatchet George Washington used to chop down the legendary cherry tree.
Part of the description read: "Since 1742 the hatchet has had the handle replaced seven times and the head replaced twice. Other than that, it is the original."
HeyBub wrote:

Stolen from some comic.
21:22:49 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Mark Twain said something similar about an eternal lamp in a church which supposedly had been lit by The Saint Himself. He leaned over and lit his cigar.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
Gunner Asch wrote:

A few years ago I ordered some XD magazines from a California supplier and screwed up the product number. When I realized I had the CA 10 round version of the standard 16 round mag, I exchanged them. No problem with the exchange but I did notice while the 10 rounders were shipped from CA, the full capacity ones came from NV.
Oren wrote:

They ID you to buy mags? The shit is spreading.
typed in alt.survival the following:

    Of course you can't. The California Magfairies make sure it never happened. Yep - if you look closely on your magazines, the all came from California before the ban. Says so, right on them.

    Actually, the wetbacks are brining the magazines....

    Nope, not at all. Could be the Nevada Magfaires...

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
On 7/28/2012 6:59 PM, Oren wrote:

There are 25 round mags, I have a half dozen of them for my 10/22. There are also double-stack 30 round mags and Brownell offers 50 round mags for the 10/22.
Gunner Asch wrote:

The Marlin 795 is also inexpensive and is often on sale. It takes a 10 round box magazine rather than messing around with the tube. For some unknown reason the magazine actually interchange with the new XT-22 and the older Marlin bolt actions although they are 7 rounds.
The Ruger Charger is a 10" barrel 10/22. Ruger says it's a pistol, so. voila, it's a handgun not a SBR. It's a rather odd duck, a little too heavy to use as a handgun gracefully, and you can't shoulder it like a rifle.
Between the two, imho the Marlins are better out of the box, but the 10/22 is like a Barbie doll. Ruger should just sell the bare receivers for the people that throw everything else away.
Oren wrote:

Ruger recently came out with their own 25 round mag. It's well made and seems to feed better than the Butler Creek Hotlips for a competetive price. It's definitely better than the Butler Creek knockoffs.
Bill Ruger must be doing 45 rpm in his grave.
Sounds like time for gun owners to kick up a fuss, and never mind their request for us to shut up and be good sheeple?
Someone want to look up the boss's email, so we can all complain?
Gunner Asch wrote:

dadiOH wrote:

First, CHL holders are rule abiding. It bothers them tremendously to violate a rule or a law, so they seldom, if ever, do so.
Second, in many jurisdictions (I don't know about Colorado), crossing a proper "no guns" sign is a crime. A crime subject to fine, imprisonment, and, just as importantly, loss of the CHL permit. In Texas, it's a Class B misdemeanor and subjects the individual to a $2,000 fine and up to a year in jail. Plus loss of license.
Third, as to your question regarding "how would they know?" There are a lot of answers. They'd know if you took out your piece and shot the perp. They'd know if you were interviewed as a witness. They'd know if you were a victim and carried out on a stretcher. They'd know if you inadvertently displayed your weapon. They'd know if you had an accidental discharge. And many, many more.